GALLERY KÖPPE CONTEMPORARY. INFOS
Knausstraße 19, 14193 Berlin
+49 30 8255443
Tuesday -Friday 4 -7 pm, Saturday 11 - 5 pm, as well as by appointment
Gallery KÖPPE CONTEMPORARY is situated in a villa colony in Berlin-Grunewald that was founded in 1880.
ABOUT THE GALLERY
Gallery KÖPPE CONTEMPORARY is situated in an Art Nouveau villa in Berlin-Grunewald (Wilmersdorf). Founded in the early 2010, the gallery represents international artists (e.g. South Africa, Italy, Poland, Netherlands, Austria) as well as artists from Germany, especially from Greater Berlin. Among around 30 artists you will find established artists as well as new positions from the talented young generation.
Gallery KÖPPE CONTEMPORARY is organized in the National Association of Berlin Galleries (lvbg) and maintains close contacts to Berlin University of the Arts (UdK). By doing so, the gallery expresses its attachment to the training and promotion of artists. It is the gallery’s important concern to specially mention and promote those artists through intense public relations as well as exhibitions and participation in art fairs.
The gallery’s programme is broad and contains painting, drawing, sculpture, object and installation arts as well as New Media.
ARTISTS REPRESENTED BY GALLERY KÖPPE CONTEMPORARY
- Jim Avignon – The Pop Art Legend gave us a wonderful honest interview – Jim Avignon -Ich stand aussen und wollte nicht rein
- Christa Dichgans – We met the Grande Lady of German Pop Art in her private home – Interview with Christa Dichgans
- Henri Haake
- Helle Jetzig
- Gerhard Kehl – owns a very new perspective on sculpture – find out how: Gerhard Kehls neue Sicht auf das Thema Skulptur
- Justyna Kisielewicz
- Simone Kornfeld
- Jannis Markopoulos
- François du Plessis
- Barbara Quandt
- Jens Rausch
- Kevin A. Rausch – A young talent from Vienna. The painter creates apocalypses with a simmer of hope – read more: Kevin A. Rausch – Schroffe Erhabenheit
- Christian Roeckenschuss – is one of the most important Surrealists of Post-war times: Christian Roeckenschuss. Wiederentdeckung eines Avantgardisten
- Bodo Rott – The painter became well known for his surreal children in oil – we visited him in his Berlin studio – Bodo Rott. Mich befriedigt Malen, wenn es mich überrascht.
- Suzanna Treumann
MEET THE GALLERY OWNER & TEAM
Dr. Wolfgang Köppe (Founder): Wolfgang.Koeppe@villa-koeppe.de
Peter Drimal (Presse, Gallery Management): Peter.Drimal@villa-koeppe.de
Karoline Just (Event-Management): Karoline.Just@villa-koeppe.de
Photos: Shirin Ourmutchi for ARTBerlin